I don’t normally dedicate a whole Tumblr post to a single art resource, but for this I have to. This is Scott Robertson’s How to Draw book and it’s FANTASTIC. If you’ve ever had trouble drawing vehicles, machines, buildings, and general perspective from your imagination, this book trumps everything. I bought a copy from WonderCon on Saturday and I have never been so pleased with a single art resource book purchase (well, except maybe Scott McCloud’s Understanding Comics).
This book’s aimed primarily at vehicle-drawing beginners and intermediates and extremely accessible. It makes technical drawing easy to understand and gives you tips on how to practice correctly. Additionally, if you have a smart phone or a tablet, you can download an app and freaking WATCH SCOTT ROBERTSON DRAW RIGHT FROM THE PAGE (Think the Japanese Pizza Hut app with Vocaloids, except with vehicle drawing badassery).
If a copy exists at your local library, or you’re looking to expand your art resource library, this is indispensable. There’s a reason why it has 82 reviews and a 5-star rating right now on Amazon.
TL;DR: Drawing cars sucks? You need this book.
- sqluna likes this
- lightflare reblogged this from cansofbeans
- miaowl likes this
- wingardiumlevio-saah likes this
- twill990 reblogged this from cansofbeans and added:
- twill990 likes this
- sunsetsspam likes this
- impressivelypredictable said: I just got the book too! I actually have one of his videos from some years ago too and it helped a lot. I love his technique.
- pendragonwho reblogged this from cansofbeans
- pendragonwho likes this
- cbwebb likes this
- incrediblebundtcake likes this
- stocktonwood reblogged this from surrealistdreamer
- tumblngkori likes this
- halfeatencandybars likes this
- littleraynoffire likes this
- unprofessionalamber reblogged this from cansofbeans
- unprofessionalamber likes this
- coyoteseven likes this
- overlordrae likes this
- ivanps likes this
- surrealistdreamer reblogged this from inthedesertwithgirls
- inthedesertwithgirls reblogged this from cansofbeans
- cansofbeans posted this